DuPage County Family Center
Registration for Parent Education Class - Online Parents & Kids Course
The Illinois Supreme Court rules mandate that all parents involved in a paternity action complete a parent education course.
The DuPage County Family Center offers this online, self-paced course.
Online Parents & Kids Course (PKO)
- This course provides self-paced, self-directed learning. It is approved by the 18th Judicial Circuit Court of Illinois and meets the requirements of the Illinois Supreme Court for parent education.
- A $100 fee, plus a 2.35% EPay convenience fee ($1.00 minimum), is paid via credit card before access to the course is provided. After payment has been made, the course web address and your login and password are provided via email. NOTE: Your login and an initial password will be provided for you; you will be able to update your password after logging in.
- Technical Requirements:
- A valid Email address is required. If you do not have an email address, free email is available through yahoo.com, gmail.com or hotmail.com. Make sure you type your email correctly on the registration form and that it matches the info you enter into EPay; this is the only way for you to receive your login.
- You must use the same email address when you register and pay for the course or you will not receive the login email. It is sent from an automated system and if the emails do not match, it will not find you.
- This class will not work on any cell phones.
- Popup blockers must be disabled. This includes those that are built into the browser, the Google search bar and the Yahoo bar. There may be other popup blockers than these listed, but these are the most common.
- Progress through the course is tracked for each user. If you choose not to complete the course in one sitting, the course progress resumes where left off when you log back in.
- It is very important you close the course properly to save your progress. Make sure you click on the course X when you want to exit. This will save your progress and close the course. If you leave your computer without exiting and the course times out, you will lose some progress.
- Progress through the course is tracked for each student; the course can be resumed where left off if a student cannot complete the course in one session.
- Course completion is determined by getting a score of 80% or better on an online test upon completion of the course. Course materials can be reviewed again and the test may be re-taken until a passing grade is achieved.
- A certificate of completion can be printed upon successful completion of the course.